Job title: Survey Scientist II, Political
Company: Civis Analytics
Job description: What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies – not PowerPoints – to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Our mission is to bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making – all the way from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to potentially relocating to one of our offices in the future, but a totally remote option is negotiable for this role.
What we are looking for
The Social Science Research and Development team spearheads the effort to solve challenges around Civis’ survey research practice. Our work ranges from causal inference, attitudinal and behavioral modeling, and innovating new tools and methodologies. This role will work at the intersection between the Social Science Research and Development team and the Applied Data Science team supporting Civis’s clients in the political and advocacy space.
As a member of our team, your day-to-day work will involve everything from project management, statistical modeling, and the testing and development of new survey products and methodologies. You will also actively work with our Applied Data Science teams to help clients make better data-driven decisions, and with our engineering teams to scale new research ideas into production.
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical subject or equivalent experience with data and analytics, which can include skills developed in a past job, on a political campaign, or through self-driven learning
- 2-3 years of survey research experience
- US work authorization
- A strong foundation in political campaigns, electoral analysis, and/or issue advocacy.
- Experience using quantitative methods to answer substantive research questions
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and in a team environment
- Familiarity designing and executing research projects
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Experience working with Python, R, and/or SQL
The budget for this position is $90,000
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other’s differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Location: Chicago, IL – Washington DC
Job date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 04:21:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!