Job title: Teacher Assistant, Preschool Title I (2021-22 School Year)
Company: Alaska Teacher Placement
Job description: The successful candidate will receive an additional 2% increase to base hourly rate once Title I paraprofessional job requirements have been met and authorized by Talent Management.
The Preschool Title I Teacher Assistant assists teachers with duties related to classroom activities, student supervision, and grade or other reporting in Title I schools. Work involves a variety of clerical tasks and student monitoring. The position has a retirement association with the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS).
The following are required: * A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have or obtain a minimum of 48 college semester credits from a regionally accredited institution, or a passing score of 459 or greater on the ETS Paraprofessional Assessment exam, within 45 calendar days of hire date.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and inspire confidence and cooperation of staff, parents, students, administrators, and the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional relationship with staff, parents, students, administrators, and the public.
The following are preferred: * Knowledge in first aid.
- Experience in general clerical work.
- Ability to work with people of all age levels.
- Ability to convey effectively explanations of policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Essential Job Functions * Provides instructional services in adapted curriculum to students.
- Accompanies certified staff on home visits.
- Develop and implement class programs that include activities based on the student’s goals. Monitors student work, collects data and maintain records in accordance with student’s goals and objectives as directed by certificated staff.
- Assists certificated staff with classroom management.
- Follows writing and oral instructions, and independently follows through on certificated staff directed programing/strategies.
- Assists with supervising a student, or group of students during the lunch and recess periods, both indoors and outside.
- Maintains classroom materials, prepares documentation as directed by certificated staff.
- Maintains student and teacher files to include student attendance.
- Monitors students on the school grounds.
- Supports students during bus travel to and from school.
- Supports the district’s position of valuing diversity, promoting respect, and maintaining standards of confidentiality.
The physical demands of this job require frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking, and hearing. Specific visual abilities are also required. The employee is regularly required to reach with his/her hands and arms and occasionally lift items weighing less than 40 lbs. Additionally, the employee must be able to communicate by oral and written means in an appropriate business manner and have cognitive skills to understand instructions, readily recall facts and details, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. The employee must have the ability to effectively manage the stress of working with students, parents, and other employees representing diverse cultures, personalities, and work styles in a dynamic work environment.
The Anchorage School District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all individuals with qualified physical or mental disabilities.
Work is performed in a professional environment with a wide variety of individuals having differing functions, personalities and abilities, including working with diverse groups of people in a variety of different settings.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be regularly exposed to a video display. The employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Job Information
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Anchorage School District employees must possess the ability to read and write in English. This includes the ability to communicate in English with school staff, coworkers, and the public. Employees must also have the ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written directions and understand and follow English instructions and written documents.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check.
A hiring condition of this pre-K position may require the selected applicant to successfully pass a criminal history clearance through the Division of Health Care Services Background Check Program (BCP) within thirty days of employment with the Anchorage School District. This background clearance system is in addition to the district’s criminal history clearance process. The BCP program also requires the employee to be cleared every six years while working with the district in support of pre-K students at the expense of the district.
This position may be required to work in ASD facilities on the military installations (JBER). Please visit for additional information.
The Anchorage School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Expected salary: $14.87 – 16 per hour
Job date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 07:38:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!