Job title: Technical Business Analyst – RPA
Company: William Blair
Job description: Company Description:
Solutions for Today’s Challenges. Vision for Tomorrow’s Opportunities. Join the Premier Global Boutique: William Blair.
At William Blair, serving our clients starts with the capabilities and collaboration of our team-making our employees our most important asset. Unlike others, we’re an independent partnership that is personally committed to our people and clients. What sets us apart is the way we do it-our culture, our values, and our commitment to local communities.
We strive to attract the most qualified, passionate candidates who specialize in investment banking, investment management, private wealth management, and a variety of other business functions.
Currently, our firm has more than 1,700 employees throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
A top priority of ours is talent development, fostering professional and personal growth of our employees. We take pride in empowering our people to bring their best thinking each day so we can deliver the tailored, thoughtful work and problem-solving abilities that our clients have come to expect.
We work tirelessly to create an inclusive culture. Our employees have unique experiences, perspectives and backgrounds to thoughtfully meet the evolving challenges and opportunities facing our global client base amid dynamic market conditions and varying industries, whether technological, economic or geopolitical.
We are equally proud of our long-term partnerships with the communities in which we live and work, a legacy we inherited from our founder more than 85 years ago.
For more information about our firm, log onto .
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
As a business analyst and a member of our RPA center of excellence, you will be responsible for developing digital technology solutions to meet the current and growing process automation demands of WB. You will be responsible for understanding, analyzing, and documenting detailed functional requirements and engaging closely with product owners, business stakeholders, application developers, vendors, data engineers and the central technology team throughout the project lifecycle, to ensure that the delivered technology solutions meet the business requirements.
- Self-starter, individual contributor with a passion for building technology solutions to solve complex business problems
- Perform detailed analysis and create functional requirements specification document(s) to support automation objectives. Deliverables include detailed current state process design documents, process future state and other artifacts as required
- Conduct stakeholder interviews to understand current state business processes, synthesize them to create detailed current state process design documents and other visual aids to facilitate solution design sessions
- Ability to apply functional knowledge to perform quality assurance testing, this includes test scenario identification, test case creation, test case implementation, defect logging and closure etc.,
- Superior communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with business and technology stakeholders across the firm
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross product teams to design integrated automation solutions for complex business problems
- Develop an understanding of WB’s various business functions, future strategic goals, and business challenges
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop trusted relationships to achieve RPA CoE objectives and goals
- Ability to manage day-to-day project activities including, project-level reporting; proactive identification of risks, dependencies and escalations as needed
- Drive closure of project issues, risks and open items in a prompt manner
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience as a business analyst of technology projects. Financial Services industry experience preferred.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and other Microsoft Office tools.
- Familiarity with any of the following platforms (or similar) valued: UiPath, Microsoft Power Automate, PowerBI
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies
- Experience with requirements gathering and working with project team, vendors, business stakeholders and engineering to develop system design and solutions
- Experience in working and delivering end-to-end technology projects, including project management related activities
- Superior written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively on both a technical and business level
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 01:40:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!