Job title: Technical Product Manager, Platform Services
Job description: We’re looking for a teammate who is resourceful, dedicated, and passionate about solving challenging problems. This role is for someone who loves diving into the technical details while also driving the overall strategy. We need a creative and resourceful integrator who will actively listen for problems and then accelerate the team towards solving.
ReCharge operates at a very large scale and we are still growing at an incredible pace. That means we need to ensure that our merchants have the resources they need to execute their business operations. And we need to do that in an efficient manner using the latest in cloud technologies. Think data caching solutions, event streaming frameworks, workflow engines, and recommendation engines backed by machine learning. This is what we do everyday within our Platform Services group.
Our stack includes: Python, Google Cloud Platform, GCP Functions, GCP Pub/Sub, Firestore, Cloud Storage
What You’ll Do
- Product Manager for a platform team consisting of 4-8 software engineers and QA
- Proactively recognize and assess the need for scalable platform capabilities working with other engineering and product teams, product operations, and other stakeholders
- Understand a merchant’s business needs and recognize how platform services can help meet them
- Write clear product specifications that provide enough detail for your engineering team to fully understand the scope of functionality and business drivers, so they can estimate and deliver in a timely manner with high quality
- Facilitate and work in a kanban (agile) environment with daily stand-ups, weekly grooming and planning sessions.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with all groups in the organization over the entire product development lifecycle from requirements gathering to release to rollout training
- Break down complex platform features into digestible concepts for stakeholders outside product and engineering.
- We’re an agile, fast growing company and you’ll get to do much more as the company grows.
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 5+ years of technical product management and/or software developer experience in a fast paced technology driven company (preferably SaaS)
- Track record of launching products rapidly on a SaaS platform with a large number of customers
- 3+ years experience working directly with software engineering teams to build product
- Experience owning and delivering highly scalable platform features such as data caching, pub/sub, event streaming, and/or workflow engines.
- Ability to work autonomously with a balanced team approach, you don’t need to wait for directions, but know when buy-in is critical
- Ability to read if/else statements, JSON, and API documentation
- Dynamic problem solving skills and a love for figuring out solutions
- An entrepreneurial spirit and excited to work on complex problems at scale
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact in a highly visible role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Who We Are
Since 2014, ReCharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, ReCharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 30 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 250+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
| | |
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Apply for this Job
First Name *
Last Name *
Drop files here
Drop files here
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at ReCharge Payments are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Are you Hispanic/Latino?
Please identify your race
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A “disabled veteran” is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A “recently separated veteran” means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran’s discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An “active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran” means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An “Armed forces service medal veteran” means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Why are you being asked to complete this form?
We are a federal contractor or subcontractor required by law to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified people with disabilities. We are also required to measure our progress toward having at least 7% of our workforce be individuals with disabilities. To do this, we must ask applicants and employees if they have a disability or have ever had a disability. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we ask all of our employees to update their information at least every five years.
Identifying yourself as an individual with a disability is voluntary, and we hope that you will choose to do so. Your answer will be maintained confidentially and not be seen by selecting officials or anyone else involved in making personnel decisions. Completing the form will not negatively impact you in any way, regardless of whether you have self-identified in the past. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of federal contractors under Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at . How do you know if you have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Autoimmune disorder, for example, lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, or HIV/AIDS
- Blind or low vision
- Cardiovascular or heart disease
- Celiac disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- Depression or anxiety
- Gastrointestinal disorders, for example, Crohn’s Disease, or irritable bowel syndrome
- Intellectual disability
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Nervous system condition for example, migraine headaches, Parkinson’s disease, or Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Psychiatric condition, for example, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, PTSD, or major depression
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at .
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
Job date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 07:59:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!