Job title: Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master – Commerce Transformation
Company: Cisco Systems
Job description: Who We Are
Today’s sophisticated business environment is more than that – it’s a period of disruption between the pandemic, global business change and internal process complexity. For us to focus on simplicity and the best customer experience, we need outstanding talent and the right skillsets to be successful. This is now a mantra for our Cisco leadership team and for us.
The Digital Enterprise Solutions team is changing the way we run Cisco’s operation by maximizing the power of technology, the best of business processes and outstanding data insights. Together, we will reinvent Cisco experience. Show the world to reinvent applications and utilize the future of the Internet to showcase the power of Cisco: our people, products, processes, systems, and data. Please join us on this exciting journey!
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a dynamic Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master who will be responsible to optimally and efficiently lead the development sprints from planning to execution to retrospectives in an agile development environment. Your role will include running daily scrums, handling the product backlog, collaborating on requirement documentation, running Jira tickets and unblocking barriers to keep the team moving. You will be responsible to communicate and collaborate primarily with the engineers, program management, product management and senior management teams. The ideal candidate lives, breathes Agile and has proven track record in implementing the framework and tailor it to the needs of the team.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review, and sprint retrospective
- Create end-user documentation and recommend procedure changes to improve efficiency.
- Guides team in time estimating practices and facilitates team estimates
- Drive sprint execution, communicates with management and stakeholders
- Lead epics, user stories and tasks in JIRA to support estimates and execution
- Handle project conflicts, challenges, and dynamic business requirements to keep operations running at a high performance.
- Proactively identify and eliminate impediments that may impact program execution
- Thrives in lean, dynamic environments with challenging priorities and leads the team in identifying the right priorities and focus.
- Able to do drive right engagement in retrospectives for continuous process improvement
- Leads team effort in steadfast improvement, define and implement improvement stories to increase the velocity and quality of the program
- Preferred Qualifications
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience in a technical field, computer science preferred
- Minimum 8 years of program/project management experience and 2 years leading sprints
- Demonstrable expertise of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment
- Functional knowledge of E-Commerce, SaaS and Subscription based business models
- Experience working with Architecture teams to assess and size epics and user stories
- Solid understanding of agile metrics (tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.) to analyze and improve sprint planning
- Ability to understand and represent both business and technology
- Excellent communications over phone, meetings or collaborative platforms like Webex group space
- Self-motivated and organized
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco’s vaccination policy.
Location: San Jose, CA
Job date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 23:34:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!