Job title: Technical Sales Engineer – Civil
Company: Contech Engineered Solutions LLC
Job description: Orlando, Florida
Sales Engineers work closely with engineering consultants, contractors and government officials to support solution and specification development, provide in order to maximize Contech product sales. Under the direction of the Regional Director of Sales and the Region Engineer, promotes and sells Contech’s products to recognized or potential customers and distributors in an assigned geographic territory. Works with a moderate level of autonomy.
- Works as a collaborative member of our sales team to sell company products.
- Conducts sales presentations and obtains favorable specifications for our products.
- Manages sales channel (direct and through distribution) and develops quotes & orders.
- Develops pricing strategy for all customers and projects in their assigned territory.
- Provides project support for submittals, production and product delivery during construction.
- Identifies and develops territory potential. With minimal supervision, plans and organizes territory coverage and sales approach to assure most effective development of assigned sales territory in order to meet or exceed established objectives.
- Develops and maintains knowledge on competitors’ products, quality, sales, pricing, production facilities, limitations and marketing procedures.
- Investigates customer complaints and claims through on-site visits and works with Region Engineer to develop resolutions that minimize Contech’s exposure.
- Contacts established and prospective customers in assigned sales territory to provide close personal service; seeks out and develops new accounts and product applications and increases market share.
- Interfaces with customer representatives to ascertain project requirements and provide any necessary technical assistance or service. Gathers pertinent project information and provides explanations and direction to customer on products and solutions.
- Continually improves product knowledge through familiarization with all product literature, design specifications, field and laboratory test results, and hands-on experience in the field and manufacturing plants.
- Other duties assigned.
Required minimum education: 4 year / Bachelor’s Degree
Required Major/Focus: Civil, Environmental or Related Engineering Degree
Combination of post-secondary education and experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Preferred: EIT or PE
- At least 1 year of site civil projects, technical sales or engineering experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and review standard engineering documentation.
- Broad engineering knowledge and extensive knowledge of the construction industry with thorough business knowledge in marketing and sales.
- High level leadership, negotiating and communications skills.
- Ability to accomplish results through others.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, CRM software, basic CAD).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Valid driver’s license.
2 years’ experience in site civil projects or technical sales
Local Candidates Only Please. No Relocation Assistance is Available.
Contech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, transgender status, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. Click here to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: & . Contech is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment. If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact the Contech Recruiting team at (513) 645-7000.
Location: Orlando, FL
Job date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 08:07:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!