Job title: Technical Support Engineer 2
Job description: Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer 2
Dell is looking for several individuals to join our growing Technical Support Storage Team. Because of the growth in our Storage group this is an exciting time to join Dell. This position provides technical support for Dell products in multiple Storage environments.
To do the best work of your career join us as a Technical Support Engineer at one of our Support Services sites in Eden Prairie, MN, Round Rock, TX, or Oklahoma City.
This position serves as the first point of contact for customers with technical support issues and questions on advanced storage attached network (SAN) and network attached storage (NAS) environment. Applicant will be responsible for answering common questions regarding installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance, and usage of assigned products through providing telephone, email or chat. Documents problems, diagnostics, interactions, next steps, and solution implementation in the solution support database.
Applicant must possess strong customer service skills with the ability to make decisions with little supervision. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
What you’ll achieve:
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will resolve complex technical issues in a fast-paced, customer critical environment, working on improving processes, standards and strategies to perfect our Support Services.
- Demonstrate case management skills for each customer case by responding to customer technical problems or issues related to hardware, software and networking via phone, e-mail and chat.
- Take ownership, monitor and track cases to ensure accurate resolution by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical service issues. Proactively engage additional resources to help resolve higher complexity issues.
- Be knowledgeable of Dell’s product line, processes, policies, current industry products and technologies. Focus on delivering a positive customer experience according to Dell standards. Advise and educate customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions.
- First-rate interpersonal phone skills, etiquette and work ethic.
- Ability to work under pressure with calmness and composure.
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills using operational and diagnostic procedures.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a previous technical support role.
- Advanced storage center knowledge in Fibre channel, iSCI, RAID, Block/File level management and Disaster recovery
- Associates degree preferred.
- Enterprise knowledge and certification preferred VCP, Hyper V, RedHat Linux, Networking, SQL and Windows Server.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 .
Application closing date: DD Month YYYY
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy .
Job date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 01:53:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!