Job title: Technical Support Engineer (Contract)
Job description: Innovation Lives Here
You go all in no matter what you do, and so do we. You want to use your powers for good, and that’s exactly what we do at Lytx®. Our team is made up of hungry, humble, and capable people who are making a difference every day with technology that helps save lives each year.
The Technical Support Engineer will engage with customers handling the most technically advanced cases troubleshooting and analyzing data by writing and executing SQL queries. If you love to work in a fast paced, dynamic organization that has an ever increasing customer then this is the role for you!
You’ll Get to:
- Verify and document complex technical support issues and deliver technical solutions in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot API and other custom integration issues
- Gather and analyze data from internal databases via pre-written and custom SQL scripts to assist with troubleshooting
- Leverage data warehousing and visualization tools to identify technical issues and trends over large sets of data
- Troubleshoot customer/reseller reported device issues to validate and determine root cause (hardware, software, database)
- Interface with database and development teams as needed to clarify and communicate escalations
- Effectively communicate complex technical matters to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Document product defects and enhancements requests in both CRM and engineering project management tool
- Project manage and execute large-scale troubleshooting efforts that may require cross-functional partnership
- Communicate directly with our resellers and end-users to keep them apprised of each step in the technical support lifecycle: discovery, troubleshooting, fix, validation
- Make recommendations on process and tool improvements for the team
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years’ of experience in Technical Support or Engineering role, preferably in a SaaS, telematics, or IoT environment
- Experience working with Big Data and familiarity with warehousing/analytics tools such as Tableau, Snowflake, or Amazon RedShift, etc.
- Experience with applications that use API
- Experience in one or more scripting language including writing queries (SQL, PERL Shell)
- Basic understanding of Agile methodologies
- Working knowledge of the components in a web application stack
- Inquisitive and analytical with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong commitment to quality and customer service
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience or equivalent certifications
You want your work to make a positive impact in the world, and that’s what we do at Lytx. We’re a diverse team of hungry, humble and capable people united to make a difference. Together, we help save lives on our roadways.
Find out how good it feels to be a part of an inclusive, collaborative team. We’re committed to delivering an environment where everyone feels valued, included and supported to do their best work and share their voices.
Lytx, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. We’re committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Location: Framingham, MA
Job date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 00:59:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!