Job title: Technical Support Engineer, East Coast
Job description: Organization & Role
Mobile Industrial Robots A/S (MiR), a Teradyne subsidiary, is a leading manufacturer of collaborative mobile robots. We are dedicated to developing user-friendly, flexible, and safe robots to help companies increase the efficiency of their operations. These unique, collaborative robots are now used by manufacturers in a wide range of industries and healthcare sectors to automate their in-house transportation. As a first mover in the field, we have enjoyed a rapid, worldwide adoption of our unique and innovative robots. Mobile Industrial Robots is an international and ambitious company, having dedicated employees who are passionate about making a difference and creating success and innovation within the world of robotics.
The MiR Technical Support team is looking for a highly motivated and energetic Technical Support Engineer who will work collaboratively with the team as well as independently to determine and develop imaginative, thorough, and practical support and application solutions. This person is part of a global technical support team consisting of 30 employees. This position is based out of our Long Island, NY office
- Assure the functionality of our robots by providing the most professional and responsive technical support in the industry.
- Develop and provide technical training and materials to our distributors and customers
- Work with cutting edge technology within mobile robotics.
- Support global applications as needed
- Provide the highest level of support and service to our customers on a professional level.
- Develop strong relationships with our distributors and end users
- Deliver expert level communication, both written and verbal
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- Knowledge of PLC control, programming, and understand “computer/networking” Wi-Fi knowledge is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Able to find and understand relevant technology and use it to develop the best solution for the customers and end users.
- Outstanding customer service skills. Must be able to effectively communicate and influence customers at all levels.
- The ability to multi-task and reprioritize as customer issues arise and change. Strong sense of urgency
- Passionate about new technology and understanding how it can improve our products and processes
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Driven and self-motivated. Takes pride and ownership in responsibilities and results
- Can work independently as well as in a team
- Willing to do what is needed, even if outside the normal scope of your role
- 20-30% travel required. (US and Canada, and international as needed)
- Fluency in Spanish or French is a strong plus
- BS in Engineering (Electrical, Electronic, Mechatronics, or CS) with 3-5 years, or comparable experience, with experience in robotics and/or industrial automation.
Location: Holbrook, NY
Job date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 23:44:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!