Job title: Technical Support Engineer L2
Job description: This position will demonstrate a high level of proficiency in all activities associated with providing Tier 2 level technical support to Field Service Technicians, Tier 1 & 1.5 Technical Support, and Sales Teams throughout NORAM (USA & Canada). Troubleshooting, repairing, and debugging complex electromechanical equipment & related software (Folder Inserters, Off-Line Folders, Pressure Sealers, Letter Openers, Cutters, and Address Printers). Troubleshooting and repairing PC hardware, operating systems and networks.
Demonstrates a wide-range of experience; uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Responds to incoming technical support phone calls, e-mails, and MS Teams & SharePoint 365 communications from field service technicians and engineers; service managers and directors; sales and marketing. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises keen judgment in selecting the methods, techniques, and criteria to obtain results.
Deliver with passion
Quadient delivers exceptional experiences with passion. We continually strive to innovate and reimage something new. That inspires and motivates people to exceed expectations. Our business success is underpinned by the trust that our clients invest in our products, and in our commitment to delivering the very best solutions. This trust is earned by great people, doing a great job.
We call it: The Power Of You.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will be responsible for things like:
- Provide mid to advance level technical support to customers, Field Service, Sales, and Marketing via phone, email or other means of direct communication
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal, listening)
- Maintain a high level of customer care while demonstrating a cooperative and friendly attitude
- Assist in creating and writing technical documents
- Professional phone demeanor and presence
- Customer centric (internal and external customers)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Work effectively within a team driven environment
- Communicate regularly with the assigned Product Engineer & the entire team.
- Follow documented processes for parts RMA’s, ERA’s, warranty approvals.
- Process and document assigned samples testing, flex document coding reviews.
- Make independent business decisions and use good judgment
- Conduct product training classes as assigned.
- Complete customer site visits when necessary and work with all departments to ensure customer’s expectations are met/exceeded
- Satisfactorily complete continuation and new product training classes
- Flexible hours required and schedule may necessitate over 40 hours per week, working weekends, and holidays
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel 20-40%
To be a successful Technical Support Engineer:
Associates degree in Computer Information/Electronic Technologies and/or at least three to five (3-5) years professional experience
Strong electro/mechanical skills and aptitude.
A+ Certified and/or Network+ desired
Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems
Three to five (3-5) years field experience or equivalent troubleshooting and repairing complex electro/mechanical equipment.
Ability to troubleshoot digital electronics circuits
Ability to set up and use electronics testing devices to include DVM, power line testers and analyzers.
What it Means to Be EPIC
Our values define how we work as a team: Empowerment, Passion, Inspiration and Community. They make us EPIC. Together.
Empowerment — embrace and drive change
Passion — determined to drive customer success
Inspiration — lead by example and constantly innovate
Community — collaborate like crazy
Quadient Offers Comprehensive Benefits Packages
We want Quadient to be a place where we are all able to bring our whole selves to work and where our differences are embraced and celebrated. We operate in diverse areas, cultures and communities; our customers are as unique as we are.
Quadient is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Quadient, we exist to help organizations simplify the connection between their customers and what matters most. From mortgage approvals, medical results, and insurance claims, to accounts receivables, invoices and inbound packages.
Every day – we help companies manage over 788 million connections with their customers. Our award-winning solutions and best in class customer service are the reasons we have grown to become the driving force behind the world’s most meaningful customer experiences.
Quadient does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Quadient employees or any organization location. Quadient is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
US – Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Job date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 23:27:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!