Job title: Technical Support Engineer (Voice)
Job description: For over 25 years, Telesystem has been empowering businesses across the country with a range of innovative network, communication and collaboration solutions designed to address the business-specific needs of each customer, such as SD-WAN, Managed WiFi, Hosted VoIP, Managed Security, Dedicated Internet, and Unified Communications. Guided by strategic partnerships and a customer-centric mission, these customized solutions are backed with white-glove implementation and 24/7 US-based support.
Telesystem currently delivers enterprise collaboration solutions and networking services to businesses in 45 states, DC and four foreign countries. Our customers include hospitals, universities, local public and private school districts, banks, multi-location retail establishments and regional government offices, to name a few.
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer (Voice)
DIVISION: Technical Support
DEPARTMENT: Tier III
- The Technical Support Engineer is a position of significant technical experience whose primary focus is on the troubleshooting and resolution of voice related products, underlying transport, and services offered by Telesystem. The Technical Support Engineer Voice is responsible for supporting Telesystem voice products across regions and switching platforms.
- The Technical Support Engineer reports directly to the Supervisor, Network Support.
- There are no direct reports to this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Trouble resolution and voice related project management in accordance with priorities set forth by the department or the company.
- Responsible for testing, development of training material, Methods of Procedures (MOPs), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) associated with new products, services, and equipment.
- Provide escalated technical support for Technical Support Analyst and Installation Technicians as it relates to voice products and services.
- Ensure that trouble tickets and outages are responded to and resolved in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Monitor, maintain, and Report on SLA’s for customers and ensure the requirements are met.
- Collaborate across Block Communication Inc (BCI) companies to ensure network elements are configured to company best practices.
- Continuously document and review recommended best practices to aide in continuous improvement and decreasing Mean Time to Repair (MTTR).
- Identify and aid in the analysis of trouble ticket and network statistics to provide recommendations on ways to eliminate any developing negative trouble ticket or network trends.
- Manage trouble tickets within the Telesystem trouble ticketing system providing accurate and relevant information via ticket updates and direct communications with Telesystem customers. With a focus on white glove treatment of Telesystem customers.
- Acquire and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all Telesystem deployed equipment, and software.
- Perform maintenance activity under the guidance of the Network Support Engineer.
- Demonstrate advanced working knowledge of both Ethernet and Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) principles including SD-WAN, Ethernet switching, and routing protocols (BGP, MPLS, VLAN, IS-IS, and OSPF)
- Demonstrate advanced working knowledge of voice technologies including Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS), Integrated Services Digital Network – Primary Rate Interface (ISDN-PRI), Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Q.931/Q.921, and Signaling System 7 (SS7).
- Demonstrate advanced working knowledge to perform packet-captures with software like Wireshark and correctly analyze and interpret the packets.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting techniques in alignment with company standards to further reduce MTTR. This includes advanced working knowledge of test sets used by the company.
- Demonstrate advanced working knowledge of the OSI model Layers 1 through Layer 7.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all relevant systems used by Telesystem. Including CRM system, trouble ticketing system, facility management system, etc.
- Contribute to and participate in any company and department training.
- Work with internal and external resources to accurately test and process faulty equipment.
- Adhere to BCI policies and procedures, including the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) guidelines and safety standards, always.
- Perform any other miscellaneous departmental duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED–Required
- Associate Degree – Major in IT, WAN/LAN, Telecommunications, Engineering, or related technical degree and 3 years prior telecommunications or networking experience; specific to configuring or troubleshooting network equipment – required
- 5 years prior telecommunications or networking experience; specific to configuring or troubleshooting network equipment-required
- Juniper Networks Certified Specialist (JNCIS) or Cisco Certified Network Associate. (CCNA) certification AND SIP School Certified Associate (SSCA) – required
- Obtain certification(s) in an effort to support existing and new products (example: Adtran, Sophos, Fortinet, Juniper Mist) – required
Will work with employee through training and employment for obtainment
- Certification must be kept current and the learning track applicable to the requirements of the position. Any questions regarding applicability should be brought to the attention of department management.
- Advanced working knowledge of all layers of both the OSI and TCP/IP networking models. – required
- Advanced working knowledge of enterprise and/or carrier grade routers, switches, firewalls, and other security appliances. – preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of voice technologies including Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS), Integrated Services Digital Network – Primary Rate Interface (ISDN-PRI), Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Q.931/Q.921, and Signaling System 7 (SS7). – required
- Advanced working knowledge of circuit analysis.
- Agile – Embraces change; adaptable and flexible; sense of urgency.
- Innovative – Uses critical thinking; Creativity; Continuous learning; Challenges the status quo.
- Customer Focused – External/Internal; Creates the exceptional customer experience; demonstrates a sales and service mentality.
- Collaborative – Teamwork, Proactive knowledge sharing, Constructive Conflict.
- Accountable – See it, Own it, Solve it, Do it; Hold each other accountable.
- Job Specific Competencies
- Delivers Results – Strategic Planning & Execution; Makes decisions in the best interest of the Company.
- Displays Leadership – Displays Leadership – Role Model; Communicates vision; possesses Emotional Maturity; Manages Risks; Resiliency; Business Acumen.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English in clear, concise sentence structure with accurate spelling and grammar.
- Able to learn new equipment and applications in a timely manner.
- Maintains composure during stressful times
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Evidence of good organizational skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Circuit Test Equipment
- Background record that meets Company standards.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that always meets company standards.
- Present professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strictly maintains the confidentiality of financial and/or other information acquired in the course of work; discloses only when authorized, unless legally obligated to do so.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS MAY INCLUDE:
- Walking, kneeling, standing, lifting (up to 50 lbs.), stooping, crawling, climbing (stairs, ladders), sitting, vision (close, distant, color, depth perception, adjust focus), hearing, talking, using hands and fingers (grasp, hold, pick-up, rotate, keyboarding, etc.)
- The Technical Support Engineer Voice is a full-time exempt position. The regular hours of work are 40 hours per week, day, or evening hours, with additional hours as needed or assigned by supervisor according to the Company’s needs.
- The Technical Support Engineer Voice regularly reports to 48I8 Angola Rd Toledo OH, 2700 Northwood Oregon OH, 1 Braxton Way Glenn Mills PA, and/or remote.
- The Technical Support Engineer Voice works in an automated business office environment with business office equipment including telephones, personal computers, copy machines, and FAX equipment.
- The Company is a drug-free workplace. All employees are required to adhere to the Company’s drug-free workplace programs and policies. Pre-employment testing is mandatory along with random testing throughout continued employment.
- The duties assigned, the hours worked, and the status of this position is subject to change as the needs of the company changes.
USE OF COMPANY RESOURCES, EQUIPMENT, AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
Company resources, equipment, and information are provided to employees to facilitate work. They may not be used for purposes other than work without proper authorization. Any unauthorized use of Company resources, equipment, or information is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized use of customer data or any other company information gained via any company resource is a breach of confidentiality and is strictly prohibited.
Any unauthorized use of company resources, equipment information, and/or breaches of confidentiality may be cause for termination of employment.
Telesystem is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Job date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 05:12:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!