Job title: Technician Chemical Operations (New College Graduate)- $2000 Sign-On Bonus
Job description: About GlobalFoundries:
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit .
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries is looking for a skilled technician to work in the facilities organization in the environmental operations department. Tasks will include but are not limited to the continuous operation and maintenance of the following systems: Heavy metal reclamation, ammonia reclaim, Industrial Waste reclamation, bulk chemical transfer and storage, sanitary waste, and other systems that support manufacturing and site tenants. This technician will be responsible for assisting with proper system operation, preventive and corrective maintenance tasks and schedules, and responding to and troubleshooting system alarms and controls. Primary work activities will be related to system and equipment maintenance, with some tasks related to control system programming and alarm response. Technicians must be able to work in a team environment with a focus on customer satisfaction. Strong communication skills and problem-solving abilities are important, and a background in chemical handling and/or electrical/mechanical troubleshooting are helpful.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Position is for day shift. Overtime may be required. Emergency call-ins are a possibility.
- The ability to operate and provide Reliability Centered Maintenance to a wide variety of environmental systems and equipment.
- The ability to recognize and respond to system and equipment malfunctions on a solo basis.
- Utilize the computer to document and communicate system status and issues. Use of all site operation systems, including shift logs to communicate and collaborate across all three shifts.
- Familiarity with and utilization of tools and practices to ensure continuous improvement.
- Working in noisy areas and the ability to handle chemicals / chemical handling equipment safely is required. Working outside in all seasons 50% or more.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Work in a standing position for majority of a 8 hour shift (excluding breaks)
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education: Associates Degree from an Accredited College and or University in Mechatronics, Science, Engineering, Computer, Semi-Conductor Manufacturing or related discipline or Military Equivalent.
- Experience: 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues ability to perform maintenance activities, and work in the standing position for majority of a 8 hour shift (excluding breaks).
- 0-2 Years Relevant Experience
- Language Fluency – English (Written & Verbal)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law
Location: East Fishkill, NY
Job date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 23:52:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!