Job title: Thunder Jet Welder V
Job description: It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Brunswick Thunder Jet Operation
Job Opening: Welder
Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity in the boating and fishing industry? Brunswick Thunder Jet Operations is the innovative manufacturer of Thunder Jet Boats. We pride ourselves on building the highest quality, most durable and innovative fishing boats in the industry. If you have a passion for fishing or boating, and desire a career in a growing organization with a team focus, we encourage you to apply for a position with us. Brunswick Thunder Jet Operations is looking for individuals to join our team who are proud of our incredible legacy and share in our vision to create life-long memories on the water!
Perform MIG and TIG welding in the manufacturing of Thunder Jet boats, to include prep work, parts and repair.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform MIG and TIG welding of aluminum boats (hulls, bottoms, parts) according to drawings and specifications.
- Complete required documentation of welded boats for production purposes.
- Sand and grind boats as needed.
- Move boats and/or parts to paint carts or overhead hoist system.
- Responsible for compliance to safety policies and procedures, as well as identifying risks and hazards prior to job completion.
- Work with team and other departments to ensure quality products and follow documented work instructions.
- Ability to locate and use the HazCom labels and MSDS information
- Work overtime as needed to complete daily tasks or projects
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Welding Certification from accredited college is desired.
- Basic computer, math, reading and measurement proficiency.
- Must be able to read drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of 5S, Kaizen and LSS preferred.
- Ability to follow established safety processes to handle chemicals and equipment to weld aluminum.
- Detailed and organized.
- Self starter, team player with a good safety awareness.
- Dependable daily attendance is required.
Regularly required to work at heights on platforms, lifting parts and pieces up to 50 lbs, traveling up and down stairs on a constant basis, sitting, squatting and bending in various awkward positions for certain lengths of time – including working overhead, traveling in and out of work areas, walking and being on your feet for the majority of the work shift. Exposed daily to noise, dust, fumes and odor. Physical exertion is required.
About the Company:
Based in Clarkston, Washington – Thunder Jet Boats has been manufacturing high quality heavy gauge aluminum fishing boats for over 30 years. Thunder Jet Boats are built by people who love to fish and take pride in engineering and building the most innovative and durable fishing boat on the market. Learn more about the Thunder Jet product by visiting
Brunswick Corporation and all subsidiaries are deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Brunswick loves Veterans! All Veterans and Reservists are encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. (Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans).
We are the people behind life’s passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: or 866-278-6942.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click for more information
and Privacy Policies
Location: Clarkston, WA
Job date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 03:22:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!