Job title: Tier 1, IT Help Desk Support
Company: Centre Technologies
Job description: Centre Technologies is a full-service Managed Services Provider (MSP), with Cloud Delivery, and Cyber Security solutions that provide IT solutions for our customers in the Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, and surrounding areas. We employ IT experts who are able to identify, assess, design, deploy, and support any IT solutions from the classic to the cutting-edge.
We are excited to announce we are expanding and looking to grow our team with a new Tier 1, Help Desk Support Technician!
The primary role for this position would be focused on implementing and supporting various IT Infrastructure technologies as mentioned below with an emphasis on matter resolution, on-boarding of new clients, racking, cabling, installation and removal of hardware, verbose documentation of projects or tasks, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Problem management and escalation of issues in a timely manner
- Prioritization of tasks and meeting of deadlines, excellent time management skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and assessment skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Must be a team player with outstanding customer service skills
- Entry of timesheets, expense reports, and documentation on or before deadlines
- Keep up-to-date on market trends, theory, and new ways of doing things; embrace change
- Assist with change-management activities
- Prepare and deliver complete and concise documentation for all projects
- Present progress reports to immediate supervisor and or Project Manager (if so assigned)
- Help turn business problems into technical solutions
- Manage deployment of equipment in compliance with established technology policies.
- Participate in after-hours on-call schedule serving as the initial level of escalation for compute, storage, backup, automation, and virtualization issues.
- 2+ years experience in IT-related study or field.
- Must possess basic knowledge and experience with:
- Windows 7/8/10
- Microsoft Office suite
- Microsoft Windows Administration tools (AD Users and Computers, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, Sites and Services, etc.)
- Understanding of basic network concepts
- Understanding of application, desktop, and server virtualization
- Understanding of Desktop Deployment / Imaging
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- CompTIA A+ Certification a plus
- MDAA, MCSA
- Windows Server 2008/ 2012/ 2016
- Microsoft Office 365 Admin portal
- Understanding of File Permissions (NTFS & Sharing)
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Work primarily in a climate-controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential.
- Occasional lifting (up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds) may be required
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities/injuries to perform the essential functions of this role.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Frequent local travel required
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Dallas, TX
Job date: Sat, 01 May 2021 02:44:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!