Job title: Tutor
Company: Arizona State University
Job description: Department Name
Sun Devil Athletics seek part-time Tutors who, under the direction of the Tutorial Coordinator for the Office of Student Athlete Development, tutors student athletes in order to improve their academic performance. Assists in the development and presentation of teaching programs. Adheres to NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations, as well as the policies and procedures of the department, university, and the Arizona Board of Regents.
Multiple positions possibly available based on subject areas needed for student athletes which vary from semester-to-semester. One year of part-time experience is equivalent to six months full-time experience. Employment is on a semester-to-semester basis and may be continued after the academic term for which the hire is made, dependent upon departmental needs. These positions are governed by NCAA rules and regulations as well as University policies and procedures. Minimum GPA of 3.0 as demonstrated on college transcripts to be presented at time of interview.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulated a computer mouse.
- Required to stand for limited lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Periodic bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Verbal and written communication to perform essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate field of assignment; OR four years of instructional or subject work experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Scope of Search
- Demonstrated knowledge of teaching techniques and academic programs.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to stimulate changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
- Experience in leading by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs
19-January-2021 is the initial close date. Applications will continue to be accepted and reviewed every week until the search is closed.
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
- Conducts tutorial sessions, teaching subject matter in one or more related areas, for student athletes with academic deficiencies; determines what skill areas require additional assistance.
- Assists in reviewing and evaluating effectiveness of teaching methods and work activities.
- Assists in organizing, promoting, coordinating and conducting specific programs with individual student athletes.
- Monitors student athlete’s academic progress.
- Monitors study hall and operates the learning center.
$12.42 per hour
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Expected salary: $12.42 per hour
Location: Tempe, AZ
Job date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 06:38:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!