Job title: Unit Secretary Surgical Intensive Care SICU
Company: HCA Healthcare
Job description: Do you have the career opportunities as an Unit Secretary you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Henrico Doctors Hospital, a facility that is part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Henrico Doctors Hospital, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Unit Secretary like you to be a part of our team.
The Unit Secretary performs a range of clerical duties supporting the work of the Charge Nurse in managing the daily operations of the unit. You will serve as an important link in the communication chain ensuring information is transmitted between nursing personnel, other hospital personnel, physicians, patients, family members and other guest
You will act as the unit receptionist greeting and direct visitors.
Assist in the ordering, receipt and storage of supplies and assemble patient charts
You will answer unit telephone, transferring calls, determining when staff members should be paged or taking and forwarding message
You will assist in entering patient information in Meditech computer system
Orient and mentor new staff members.
About Our Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU)
- 12 Bed Unit
- Provides a high-acuity level of care to a wide variety of surgical, kidney transplant, and medical patient at a 2:1 patient to nurse ratio.
- The patient population includes critical care-related surgical patients, trauma, neurological patients.
- In our SICU, patients are often connected to a host of equipment, and receive constant, personal attention. Some of the equipment involved in ICU patient care includes advanced heart and Intracranial monitors, ventilators for breathing assistance, CRRT, ECMO, vasoactive drips, Rapid Infusers, Non-invasive and Invasive monitoring.
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women’s health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We’re also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
- Previous experience as a Unit Secretary in a fast paced, acute hospital setting is preferred
- Strong customer service and excellent English communication skills
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Computer literate (ability to utilize computer programs such as Meditech, Word, Excel, etc)
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching and some lifting
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply! We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job date: Sat, 01 May 2021 06:57:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!