Job title: (USA) Principal Product Management (Tech)
Job description: Position Summary…
What you’ll do…
The Data Strategy and Insights (DSI) organization focuses on managing and delivering world-class data assets, including creating and maintaining data standards, driving policy compliance, creating partnerships, and developing pipelines and self-service tools. We empower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core and building new business model opportunities. We protect customer, associate, and partner data, ensuring privacy and security when collecting and using data.
The Customer Success & Analytics Solution team in DSI is hiring a Principal Product Manager. This role is a critical position focused on becoming a trusted partner and delivering value through data for our customers. You will use your skills to understand our customers’ businesses and provide data solutions that help solve their challenges. As a Principal Product Manager, you will be responsible for setting strategic direction and optimizing performance for multiple technology and business functions. You will serve as the bridge between business and technology, helping to set business priorities and directing execution with technology teams, and be responsible for leading cross-technology projects.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re an inquisitive thinker who’s continually on the lookout for opportunities to help our customers succeed and enable the delivery of innovative data solutions
- You have consistently high standards, your passion for quality is inherent in everything that you do
- You have the courage to fail fast
You’ll make an impact by:
- Collaborating with multiple stakeholders to gain an understanding of complex organizational problems, and partners with analytics solutions and other Data Strategy & Insights team to formulate and deliver data driven solutions.
- Leading execution of prioritized initiatives through analytic consulting; Working and consulting with partners; navigating complex decision making and influencing strategy.
- Learning and adapting quickly and working on multiple cross-functional projects concurrently.
- Possessing excellent general modeling skills.
- Thinking about finding the best solution that will work in days, instead of the perfect one that requires weeks.
- Understanding what it means to “own a project”. Passionate and attentive self-starters, great communicators, amazing follow-through.
- Keeping up to date on the industry and products in the omni-channel landscape and turning this research into actionable recommendations to accomplish business objectives.
- Providing thought leadership on tech and data strategy & providing communication and stakeholder management
- Conducting independent research and financial/data analysis to support generation of insights that drive value
- Developing data-driven points of view on relevant business, tech, and organizational topics
A combination of some (not all) the following skills, will be useful for the candidate to succeed in this role
- Consulting Experience
- Technology / Data Strategy
- Analytics, Data and Business Intelligence
- Business Case development
- Business development
- Retail experience
- Communicates effectively with leadership and external parties
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 6 years product management experience OR Master of Science and 3 years product management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location… 603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off – to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can’t work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see .
Location: Dallas, TX
Job date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 03:35:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!