Job title: User Experience Researcher, Foundations – Tools
Job description: We are looking for a User Experience Researcher (UXR) to join the Design Foundations group, a cross-functional team inside Uber’s Design studio, building the horizontal services that our products are made of.
As a UX Researcher at Uber, your mission is to answer Design and Product team questions and influence product decisions through insights about people, technology, and the way they interact. You’ll work independently at the heart of what makes Uber products successful. The work you do will have an impact across a variety of business and technology decisions! The UX Researcher is an integral role in clearly defining user problems, project vision, and strategy to create useful, functional, and sophisticated user experiences that become a part of daily life for people around the globe.
What You’ll Do
- Design and conduct qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products
- Develop and execute quantitative studies to evaluate the impact of product changes and capture insights at scale
- Incorporate internal logs data and, when available, external data sources to provide a more complete understanding of critical issues
- Identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods and co-design sessions to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to advise business decisions
- Adapt and innovate research methods to meet product needs
- Deliver high-quality insights in a fast-paced work environment
- Contextualize use cases across products such as car rides, food delivery, and couriers
- Build insight across the organization to improve the products we build for our users and employees in cities all around the world
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Computer Science, Anthropology, Communications, Information Science, Sociology, or equivalent practical experience
- 2 + years of professional experience conducting user research
- MS or Ph.D. degree in HCI, Psychology, Human Factors, Computer Science, or a related field
- Track record of demonstrating excellent command of research questions and technical tools for the analysis of data, including statistical analysis and significance testing of quantitative data
- Previous experience driving research programs that have had a lasting impact on product and design decisions
- Familiarity with a programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics (such as Python, R, SPSS, Matlab, C++, Java or Go), and in SQL
- Previous experience conducting research in other global regions and working on products with global impact
- Previous experience identifying, onboarding, and leading external research, translation, transcription, and tools vendors
- Ability to travel within the United States and abroad
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing .
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 03:23:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!