Job title: Utility Construction Inspector-GC- Central Valley (IBEW)
Company: Pacific Gas & Electric
Job description: Requisition ID # 85261
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : Modesto; Stockton
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E’s gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
This is an IBEW Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E and is subject to collective bargaining.
The Utility Construction Inspector is a qualified Company representative who performs direct oversight of Applicant or Contractor installed facilities limited to plastic distribution systems and smaller underground projects to ensure compliance with job drawings and specifications; and PG&E standards and specifications over the entire PG&E service territory. The position is a General Construction position and individuals must be able to travel and transfer to a new headquarters upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home.
This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening
This position will be used to fill vacancies in the Central Valley region. The positions may be headquartered in Stockton, and/or Modesto subject to change based on business needs.
Communicates scheduling and scope changes with Company management and Contractors as required. * Acts as a liaison between the customer, contractor and all other workgroups that are involved in the construction project.
- Completes all documentation for associated inspection work.
- Maintains public and employee safety on site always by promoting a positive safety culture, exhibiting an absolute commitment to safety for self and others, and by ensuring all applicable safety rules, regulations and standards are followed.
- Participates in all Contractor safety and pre-construction tailboard meetings to ensure compliance with Company safety, standards and work procedures.
- Performs oversight and inspection of construction projects, Integrity Management digs, potholing and other work as required.
- Performs direct oversight of Applicant or Contractor installed facilities limited to plastic distribution systems and smaller underground projects to ensure compliance with job drawings and specifications; and Company standards and specifications over the entire Company territory.
- Monitors and inspects construction activities during: clearing of Right of Way, installation of Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan and other environmental protection measures, erection of temporary facilities such as fences and other public safety items, site work, excavation, backfill, site restoration, lowering of pipe, unloading and handling of piping materials, pre-excavation, Ground Penetrating Radar and electromagnetic utility location, Electrolysis test station installation, compaction testing, and line markers.
- Maintains all required Quality Assurance/Quality Control and as-built documentation on site as per Company Standards.
- Turns over timely, legible, complete, and error-free to the as-built mapping team at the end of the project.
- Considers, documents, and communicates compliance requirements of project.
- DOT-Operations/Maintenance AND Emergency
Must be at least 18 years of age. * Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License by day one of hire
- Ability to work in all types of weather extremes.
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions.
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
API-American Petroleum Institute 1169 Certificate
Ability to apply quality management systems and quality assurance and control theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques – for example ISO 91 system – as needed to perform at the job level
Minimum of 1 year of utility, military, or related experience. * Graduation from a PowerPathway® Program.
- Relevant current or past work experience with PG&E and/or Hiring Hall.
- NACE-National Association of Corrosion Engineers CP2-Cathodic Protection Technician certification
- Experience with computer data entry
- To better represent the communities, we serve within a timely manner, applicants who live within 50 miles of the headquarter location will be given preference.
PG&E Employees: You must have qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an application; and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the website.
- Physical Test Battery
Location: Stockton, CA
Job date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 06:57:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!