Job title: UX Designer – Digital Experience
Company: American Family Insurance
Job description: At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
Job ID: R25739 UX Designer – Digital Experience (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
The American Family Enterprise Small Business team is creating a commercial insurance quoting platform that will make it easier to purchase business insurance online.
As a production designer, you’ll support UX designers by creating documentation that clearly communicates UX, UI, and interaction details to stakeholders and developers, then ensure that those details have been implemented correctly. As a member of our small, growing Seattle UX team, your work will have a direct impact on our success.
- Produce UX and UI documentation appropriate to the task, which may include diagrams, presentations, and lightweight prototypes to demonstrate interaction details
- Contribute to and help maintain a style guide and other components of a design system, then ensure adherence to those standards
- Produce, refine, and organize assets including UI elements, iconography, and images
- Collaborate closely with the product management team and developers, including participation in design reviews and scrum ceremonies
- Help identify opportunities for iterative improvement
- Help to foster a collaborative, fun, and supportive work culture
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience planning, designing, and building complex web-sites and mobile experiences.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of usability best practices, information architecture principles, interaction design concepts, user research methodologies and best-in-class design principles (Color theory, space, shape, alignment etc.) for web and mobile application concepts.
- Demonstrated experience communicating concepts and rationale through storyboards, mood boards, visual design mockups, wireframes, user flows, user journey maps, information architecture diagrams etc.
- Demonstrated experience using design-thinking to solve problems and applying usability principles to recommended solutions.
- Demonstrated experience selecting and providing recommendations around proper typography for the web.
- Demonstrated experience selecting, creating and guiding visual content for the web (photos, advertising banners, video, etc).
- Demonstrated experience creating interactive prototypes.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing diverse information sources in order to create a design solution and recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience organizing and managing work across multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience creating style guides, usability standards documentation
- Solid knowledgeable of the latest design, accessibility, and development trends.
Additional Job Information:
- A current online portfolio of work experience that highlights UX documentation, including style guide examples, flow diagrams, and other communication deliverables
- A degree in design, HCI, or 2-3 years equivalent experience
- Strong experience with Adobe XD, Figma, Zeplin, or similar tools
- A passion for your craft that keeps you in tune with the latest design trends and tools
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational skills
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise !
Location: Seattle, WA
Job date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 03:53:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!