Job title: Vice President, Business Development
Company: Advanced Clinical
Job description: Overview:
***This job can be worked remotely from anywhere in the United States***
Advanced Clinical is a global clinical development organization that provides CRO, FSP, Quality & Validation, and Strategic Resourcing services for biopharmaceutical and medical device organizations. Our mission is to deliver a better clinical experience for our clients. With global experience in over 50 countries, we are committed to improving all lives touched by clinical research. We understand the complex nature of the clinical research industry and approach each opportunity with compassion. Together, we answer the hopes of patients and healthcare professionals with industry-leading services in global life-sciences. As part of the Advanced Group family of companies, Advanced Clinical employees provide the support, structure, and professional background and experience for better clinical trials and research. They are the foundation of our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take top priority. We seek dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. From our altruistic mission to outstanding career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Advanced Clinical.
The Vice President, Business Development is accountable for leading, daily performance management and the results of the business development staff assigned. Through daily coaching and training, in addition to leading enterprise-level accounts and business opportunities, this role drives sales outcomes. The Vice President, Business Development, will continue to enhance relationships with existing clients, keep abreast of industry trends, competitors’ services, and acquisitions, and works in conjunction with senior management to develop new and existing Business Development staff to deliver to goals. The Vice President, Business Development, develops short- and long-term sales strategies in conjunction with senior leadership and will invest time in leading and developing team members to their highest potential.
- Performance management of assigned business development staff inclusive of onboarding, training, KPI management, performance management, coaching and mentoring
- Accountable for sales outcomes of staff assigned
- Support senior leadership in planning and delivering to annual and long-term Business Development goals, through the training, mentoring, and leadership of all Business Development staff
- Continually champion and ensure others use corporate messaging and strategic differentiators in all areas of the sales process across Solutions and Strategic Resourcing
- Articulate both tactical and strategic actions in support of the Business Development team, from training, coaching, and mentoring, to drive business results.
- Maintain long-term, strategic-level, client relationships resulting in the expansion of preferred accounts
- Directly implement initiatives, in conjunction with senior leadership, to help build awareness of Advanced Clinical brand, capabilities and services
- Support Business Development team members to discover immediate needs of target market through leads and follow-ups, strategically planning, and executing internal and external initiatives to drive bookings and profitable growth
- Continued use of prospecting tools and incorporate into coaching of Business Development staff
- Lead direct sales by creating and participating in sales meetings, presentations, Proposal process, bid defense strategy and preparation and throughout the contracting process
- Enter all sales related information in ERecruit
- Schedule meetings with current and potential clients at industry meetings and trade shows and generate associated follow up
- Track and monitor adherence to the client contracting process
- Serve as a business leader to work collaboratively with all functions that support Business Development, inclusive of proposals, legal, finance, and all functional leadership, promoting a team-selling environment
- Adhere to Advanced Clinical employee handbook and SOP’s
- Adhere to strict code of confidentiality as it relates to study subjects, sponsors, physicians, and policies and procedures of Advanced Clinical
- Provide excellent customer service to all parties involved in the clinical study process
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or healthcare related field
- 16+ years of business development experience within a CRO, Strategic Resourcing organization, and/or clinical trials environment
- Experience across CRO, FSP, and Staffing business development with the ability to understand the differences in sales cycles, opportunity positioning, strategic messaging, differentiation, and maximizing customer interactions
- Consultative and collaborative approach when dealing with customers and internal team members
- Hands-on, collaborative style
- Data-driven with knowledge of KPIs and focus on results over activity
- Present a consistent professional company image and presence
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills with ability to effectively communicate and sell his/her ideas at all levels. Listens well and seeks input from others.
- Proven ability to generate new ideas, processes, and strategies to improve the department and ensure the success of sales for the company
- Knowledge of the industry, inclusive of competitors
- Unquestionable personal integrity
- Computer skills including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency of the skills and knowledge relevant to the function. Success in performing most complex assignments with little supervision.
- Communicates complex issues clearly and credibly with widely varied audiences. Ensures appropriate individuals are informed.
- Proactively discovers the needs of customers and creates new solutions, services, and processes to meet the customer’s changing needs. Works in partnership to improve customer experience.
- Develops consensus and alignment on ideas and recommendations affecting own team or other teams. Facilitates discussions and gives consideration to a range of interests, opinions, possibilities and situational variables.
- Creates new and relevant ideas and leads others to implement them. Challenges convention purposefully. Critically assesses established methods.
- Assesses the effectiveness of systems and current processes; streamlines standards and processes and develops innovative approaches to program development and implementation.
- Builds and manages strategic relationships to establish mutually beneficial working arrangements, openly sharing knowledge and insights.
- Demonstrates awareness, flexibility and willingness to adapt approach and/or apply different leadership styles when the situation or individual requires it. Can test assumptions and own stories by seeking ideas and stories of others. Depicts high level of self-discipline.
- Establishes reputation as a credible and trustworthy source for employees to voice concerns, and share anything that might be negatively impacting their competence and commitment on current goals and tasks. Identifies and responds to underlying attitudes or behavior patterns such as cultural norms and personality differences. Reacts purposefully to frustrations of others. Resolves escalated conflicts among stakeholders through effective dialogue.
- Accepts constructive feedback and adapts leadership style/actions/behaviors. Creates a sense of well-being by taking an active interest in the opinions and ideas of others, and partnering in efforts to align. Plays to the different strengths and development levels within a team to maximize effectiveness. Helps others through emotional or tense situations, tactfully bringing disagreements into the open, engaging in healthy debate.
- Facilitates the creation of effective SMART goals by team members, ensuring they tie to wider team and company strategies. Stays knowledgeable on industry trends. Anticipates outcomes of decisions made by the business based on experience and following trends. Monitors financial performance and efficiency of own team.
- Help and encourage others to identify and leverage transferrable skills and develop the goal or job specific skills necessary for current and future roles. Able to diagnose development level on goals and tasks and provide the matching leadership style to build competence and commitment, thereby accelerating development.
- Establish strategies or methods for accomplishing major new directives. Keeps informed on trends in the industry and develops strategies to realize opportunities or mitigate risks.
- Swiftly administers action if needed and deals with difficult questions head on. Commits to completely new activities that are innovative and feasible or styles of approach that are necessary but feel less comfortable. Measures the risks involved while taking a course of action.
- Holds self and team accountable to upholding the REAL values. Integrate the REAL values into team processes. Celebrate when witnessing team members exhibiting these values.
This job description is a summary. It is not intended to be comprehensive in detail. Individuals with this job title will be expected to perform according to their individual goals and evaluations in addition to this job description and all applicable standards (SOPs, manuals, code of conduct, laws, regulations, etc.).
At Advanced Group, our commitment to diversity and inclusion in every part of our organization is crucial to fulfilling our mission and demonstrating our REAL values. A diverse staff allows us to effectively draw on different perspectives and enhance our efficiency and effectiveness. Diversity thereby strengthens the legitimacy and relevance of Advanced Group in delivering services to our clients.We seek talented, creative individuals from a variety of backgrounds and cultures to work with us. It is our priority that our workplace be inclusive, welcoming of diverse ideas and appreciative of valuable experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Advanced Group’s practice not to discriminate against any Employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This practice applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, layoff, Company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs, and treatment on the job. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your Recruiter so that we can meet to discuss the appropriate alternatives available.
Location: Deerfield, IL
Job date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 08:08:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!