Job title: Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) Engineer
Company: Sampson Construction
Job description: Sampson Construction has built its reputation for integrity by serving as a trusted partner in commercial construction for over 65 years. Every client’s needs, goals and budget becomes Sampson Construction’s uncompromising standard of success. Sampson Construction is an industry leader, driven by advancements that continuously enhance the standards of quality for clients. For more information, visit the company’s website at sampson-construction.com.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) Engineer is responsible for assisting the VDC Coordinator with all aspects of VDC services. Generally, responsibilities include assisting with model setup and updates, use of technology to enhance communication, collaboration, and coordination on the jobsite and in the office, VDC training and support to site supervision, project management, and estimating departments. The VDC Engineer reports to the VDC Coordinator.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with VDC services for all projects associated with the area of responsibility
- Help with the collection, organization, and distribution of electronic documents
- Create 3D models during project pursuit, preconstruction, and construction
- Produce 4D simulations to demonstrate project phasing and sequencing
- Append design and trade models and run clash detection to identify conflicts
- Extract quantity data from cost models and assist estimating department in identifying quantity variances during preconstruction
- Utilize Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), 360° cameras, and laser scanners to collect project documentation and reality capture data
- Assist with the research and development of new industry leading technology
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATION, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Engineering, or Architecture
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the construction industry
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- General understanding of construction techniques and processes
- Aptitude towards technology and analytical problem-solving skills
- Some experience with Autodesk Revit, Navisworks, and AutoCAD
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time.
- Must have tolerance to stress and act with a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Lincoln, NE
Job date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 01:52:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!