Job title: Virtual Design & Construction Engineer
Company: Frank L Blum Construction Company
Job description: Blum Construction offers unparalleled stability in the construction industry. Founded in 1923, we have weathered tough economic storms for nearly a century and have emerged as a stronger organization with each challenge. With offices in Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Asheville, Charlotte, and Raleigh, we build structures that transform communities through our work in higher education, senior living, healthcare, non-profits and many other sectors.
We understand, very clearly, that it is our people who will enable us to be even stronger in our second century.
The purpose of this role is to collaborate with company wide project teams and departments to support and implement all VDC processes.
We are looking for a candidate who is flexible, detail-oriented and respectful that can work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and has the ability to multi-task while constantly producing top quality deliverables, and meeting given deadlines.
- Support project setup for 3D trade coordination, constructability reviews, and site logistical planning
- Aide and support training in various software packages (Autodesk Platform, Photoshop and Structsoft.)
- Facilitate VDC coordination kick-off meeting and future coordination meetings
- Configuring of Autodesk BIM 360 to host project drawings and models
- Setup of VDC field equipment and software (Trimble Point Creator, Autodesk Point Layout,Trimble and Hilti Robotic Total stations and Matterport Laser Scanner)
- Perform VDC work and support project personnel in VDC processes, including assistance with related technical support issues
- Support implementation of project specific VDC strategy and VDC initiatives
- Project specific leadership and mentoring for VDC and related technology fields
- Manage on-site construction team efforts in the implementation of VDC applications and processes in addition VDC deliverables
- Bachelor s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience in the building industry
- Have 3-5 years experience working in a VDC-related role
- Advanced level software knowledge in Autodesk packages (i.e.: Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, etc.) and other platforms Core Company Competencies
- Understanding of Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems
- Possess strong listening and communication skills
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) matching
Location: Raleigh, NC
Job date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 22:43:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!