Job title: Wedding & Event Coordinator
Company: High Spirits Hospitality
Job description: Wedding & Event Coordinator
is the parent company to Liquid Catering, The Old Cigar Warehouse, Bravo1 Protection, Topside Pool Club, and High Spirits Events. We are driven with the vision of providing exceptional customer service to our clients, as well as embracing a positive team culture for our employees.
Our Event Coordinator works primarily to assist with the planning, logistics, execution for our events, mostly weddings. Our ideal candidate will be someone with a passion for working for a small business and understands the entrepreneurial drive and fluidity of a small but growing company. You will need exceptional organizational skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to manage priorities for incoming tasks. We need a dynamic individual who is up for a challenge everyday.
- Coordinate weddings at Old Cigar Warehouse. Be committed to working weddings scheduled 3 months in advance;
- coordinate the day-of logistics, timelines, vendor communication, and lay-outs with the client as appropriate with their package;
- plan on working 20-30 weddings a year;
- be on-site at weddings for 10-12 hours at a time, as well as the 1-hour rehearsal block the night before;
- attend up to 3 planning meetings and a 2-hour final detail meeting for each event;
- responsible for contacting all vendors 2 weeks prior to the event and being the day-of contact for family and vendor needs;
- responsible for helping set up and break down décor and personal items brought by the clients;
- communicate with venue and vendor staff before, during, and after the event to ensure a successful event;
- mitigate problems and issues as they arise.
- Assist our sales team with customer communication and other tasks. This includes;
- work 1-2 phone shifts week where you will be responding to all first-time web submissions, answering client and prospect questions, scheduling and confirming appointments.
- take consults and tours as needed;
- create venue layouts and place rental orders;
- manage Engagebay maintenance (CRM program);
- conduct cold calls and follow-up calls.
- Assist the CEO with planning and executing our major upcoming festivals.
- Coordinate all vendor recruitment. This includes securing restaurants, bartenders, and operational vendors.
- Assist the VP of Sales with sponsor recruitment. This will involve quite a bit of cold calling, both in-person and over the phone. You’ll be reaching out to B2C businesses such as gyms, apartment complexes, banks, car dealerships, and more. Will also work to ensure all sponsorship activations are carried out according to contract.
- Coordinate all day-of logistical needs including set-up & breakdown, rentals, trash, security, janitorial, etc. This will involve working with third-party vendors, as well as our own in-house staff.
- Assist with all purchasing, including shopping for event supplies and decorations.
- Coordinate all craft and design build projects.
- Write strong, effective, operational plans and lay-outs.
- Assist the Marketing Manager with publicizing all events through various outlets including digital, social, radio, billboard, print, and other advertising mechanisms. Will need to be able to complete basic graphic design projects.
- Answer incoming client phone calls and emails, filter as needed. All client communications should be responded to within 24 hours. Ideal time frame is 2 hours.
- Supervise interns on various daily and long-term tasks.
- May periodically work for High Spirits Beverage Company or Bravo1 Protection in several different roles; particularly as a bartender, event manager, venue manager, or event staff.
- Continue to foster the company culture of High Spirits Hospitality by being an active, passionate member of our management and event team.
- Handle other special projects as requested.
- Reports directly to the CEO and the VP of Sales.
- The work hours for this position are slightly flexible, although most work will be Tuesday-Thursday with weekend event hours. We focus on the results, not on micromanaging. Actual hours worked will change, based on what is coming up.
- Attend and be well-prepared for all staff meetings, training, and retreats.
- Should be able to manage and prioritize incoming tasks and requests from the CEO.
- Must be able to complete tasks on time and efficiently.
- Own a laptop computer and cell phone that can be used for work purposes.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our clients and guests.
- Must be able to think critically and problem solve, sometimes in very high stress situations.
- Should be able to demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Should always come to with a positive attitude, ready to work hard and be a supportive member of our team.
- Responsible for turning in financial receipts in a timely manner and monitor the department budget to avoid excess expenditures
- 2+ years of experience in a relevant role. Must demonstrate the ability to plan a large event.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing to work frequent nights and weekends.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to lift, move, and carry 50+ lbs.
Job date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 01:51:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!