Job title: Welder 1st Shift
Company: Nesco Resource
Job description: We are hiring for a great company in the Reynoldsburg, Ohio area. They are leaders in optimizing, integrating, automating, and managing the logistical flow of material goods in the automotive automation/material handling systems.
This company promotes and supports both individual and team success by providing opportunities to expand your skills and build on your capabilities. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a culturally-rich workforce and proud of our diversity in background, experience, and origin. Safety is part of our core values, we stress the importance to our employees by enforcing 5S and daily safety audits.
The primary goal is satisfying customer requirements of quality, quantity, and delivery, in a safe manner, while maximizing productivity. Specifically, the Welder is responsible for all job activities required to support production processes. These activities include but are not limited to MIG welding steel, aluminum, and stainless steel. The employee is responsible for visually inspecting parts.
- Cut work piece, using powered saws, torch, and hand plasma
- Prepare and finish work piece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper
- Weld components in all positions
- Set up welding equipment
- Ensure welds meet standards and specifications
- Read/work to engineered drawings and welding symbols
- Follows all plant safety guidelines, practices, and procedures. Also, be aware of activity in the work surroundings and maintain a clean and safe work area
- Properly use personal protective equipment when required
- Maintain regular attendance – have reliable means of transportation
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Prior manufacturing experience is highly preferred. Any technical or vocational education/training in relation to the skills listed below is also desirable.
- Must have the ability to pass an AWS D.1.1 3G vertical metal core pulse transfer weld qualification
- Must have blueprint reading knowledge
- Knowledge of machine operation, cutting, sawing, drilling, and grinding parts is desirable
- Ability to use welding tools
- Forklifts and Overhead crane experience preferred (in-house training available)
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
- Team player – must be able to work with others
- Must have and maintain a high sense of urgency to meet and exceed all production goals
- Attentive to detail watching for material defects and any quality issues
- Physically capable of standing, walking, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching, and twisting throughout shift
- Capable of repetitively lifting 25-50 lbs.
- Candidates must be flexible to work overtime as needed, which may include weekends and/or holidays
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in a typical manufacturing environment with overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Overhead LED lights throughout the workspace create a bright workspace for employees to safely perform their work.
- A normally clean work environment where the process creates some grinding dust, heat/cold, fumes/odors, and vibration. Housekeeping is performed as needed throughout the day and at the end of each shift.
- The noise level in the work environment is normal to manufacturing processes with air tools, grinders, and other tools. Yearly audiometric testing is provided by the company to monitor areas for improvement.
- A non-climate-controlled facility in the summer, each work area is provided with fans to help keep cool. In the winter it is heated.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent
Entry-level experience (training may be provided)
Steel Toe Shoes/Boots
Gloves, jackets, and sleeves supplied (can use personal equipment)
APPLY TODAY! Call today and speak with a Recruiter for details, 614-868-1250!
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Location: Reynoldsburg, OH
Job date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 07:24:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!