Job title: Welder Operations or Welder Operations Senior
Company: Black Hills Energy
Job description: Job Description
The Welder is responsible for the installation of steel and polyethylene (PE) mains, fabrication of metering facilities, and related construction oversight.
SALARY RANGE: (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
- Welder Operations: $25.31 – $37.96 per hour
- Welder Operations Senior: $28.46 – $42.60 per hour
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Gas Operations Supervisor
LOCATION: Blytheville, Arkansas
- To learn more about our locations, please visit our
on our career website. * Must live within 35 minutes of the reporting location.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for performing and inspecting pipeline and structural welding required for construction and maintenance of company facilities including the installation, operation and maintenance of all gas pipeline related facilities.
- Responsible for installing, relocating, replacing, maintaining and repairing gas lines. Inspect pipeline and structural welding required for construction and maintenance of company facilities including the installation, operation and maintenance of distribution and transmission facilities.
- Provide oversight and inspection to ensure asset protection and compliance with company procedures of excavation activities near pipeline facilities.
- Responsible for inspection duties per company policies including completion of required documentation, as-built drawings, contractor oversight and supervision, act as company representative during construction activities, report progress to Operations Management and ensure accurate reporting and compliance with Safety and Environmental policies.
- Participates in quality emergency responder programs.
- Represent the company during contacts with landowner/tenant, public official, emergency official and local organization (i.e. One-Call, Pipeline Group, Soil Conservation, etc.) meetings.
- Inspect/supervise the construction and /or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
- Train and oversee company and third party personnel as required (i.e. personnel in progression, contractors, visitors, etc.)
- Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
- Perform mapping, record keeping and data entry duties per company policies.
- Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Achieve and maintain all Operator Qualifications applicable to the job classification.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed. Be available for and provide emergency response after regular business hours.
- Required to carry a company-provided cell phone and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of welder operations or other relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Welder Operations Sr.
- Minimum of three (3) years of welder operations or other relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Welding and fusion certificates required.
- Knowledge of basic properties of metals and plastic pipeline materials.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high-pressure systems.
- Operate all plastic fusion equipment including all tools required for maintenance and emergency on plastic pipelines.
- Operate micrometers, calipers, and thickness testing equipment.
- Work from job related blueprints, sketches and diagrams.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the public.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required job schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Job planning and organization skills.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL DESCRIPTIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The mental and physical descriptions are representative of the activities an employee in a field job performs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental description: Understand, remember, apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee continuously moves about the office and the job sites and operates machines and equipment. Employee frequently accesses low and high areas with additional equipment, ascends/descends stairs, maintains coordination, and engages in repetitive motions (kneeling, reaching). Employee may occasionally use a respirator. Employee operates job related equipment and tools. Employee routinely performs this work for an average of 8-10 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Regular, reliable, and timely attendance is expected.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Work environment: Occasionally perform work indoors and routinely perform work outdoors in sometimes inclement weather with moderate to high noise level. Worker may be subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working in places of height or close quarters (i.e. crawl spaces, small enclosed rooms, narrow aisles of passageways). Willing to travel occasionally (less than 10 days per year) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2900 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program (based on percentage of eligible earnings), 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Corporation does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Black Hills Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
Wage: 25.31 to 37.96
Location: Blytheville, AR
Job date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 07:32:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!