Job title: Women Engaged Campaign Organizer
Company: NRG Consulting Group
Job description: Women Engaged seeks a Campaign Organizer
Women Engaged is seeking a full-time Atlanta-based Campaign Organizer to manage 501(c)3 integrated voter engagement and voter registration, including the WE Vote. WE Rise! Program along with other canvass and campaign opportunities, leading a door-to-door campaign, building and managing paid and volunteer teams, and maintaining campaign operations. This position reports to the Vice President of Political & Civic Engagement.
The ideal candidate has canvassing experience and knows how to recruit, train and oversee diverse teams, understands campaign work dynamics, and has a robust knowledge of the Atlanta metro area. While this position will start virtually, it will eventually require travel up to 50% of the time, primarily locally and statewide, with some national travel as well. This person is an innovative leader committed to social justice, advocacy and positive change.
About Women Engaged
Women Engaged exists because if Black women thrive, everyone around her flourishes.
Since 2014, Women Engaged uses an innovative, hands-on community based learning approach to advance Black women’s human rights, reproductive justice, Black youth empowerment and civic engagement efforts in Georgia. Women Engaged develops policy recommendations, conducts research and organizes initiatives paired with leadership development, savvy communications outreach strategies and robust civic engagement opportunities.
For more information, please visit:
The Campaign Organizer, who is based in Atlanta, will be responsible for:
- Executing campaign field plan in coordination with Vice President of Political & Civic Engagement
- Training and managing a diverse, inter-generational team of paid canvassers
- Maintaining a goal-oriented culture that provides support and accountability for individual and team performance
- Ensuring daily, weekly and monthly campaign team targets are met
- Tracking and clearly communicating team metrics, and troubleshooting when needed
- Attending required system and campaign trainings
- Recruiting, training and retaining volunteers and preparing job descriptions for all volunteer tasks
- Keeping an up-to-date schedule of all WE volunteer opportunities, as well as all volunteer recruitment efforts and opportunities, such as recruitment fairs, web sites, etc.
- Representing WE at recruitment opportunities, seeking assistance from other staff or volunteers when necessary
- Preparing, along with Communications Director, all volunteer recruitment materials and distributing information about volunteer opportunities through all appropriate channels, such as our web site, social media platforms, etc.
- Creating and maintaining an up-to-date database of all prospective and actual volunteers, as well as records of all volunteer activities performed. Providing current reports about such activities on a regular basis
- Responding to requests, in a timely manner, for volunteer information that come through the WE web site
- Coordinating intake of volunteers including any forms, training and orientation, and training other staff to conduct these activities as needed
- Spearheading and executing appropriate ways to thank, recognize and honor volunteers
Who should apply
For this position, we are seeking candidates who have canvassing and campaign experience, a working comfortability with the metro-Atlanta area, and proven experience growing and leading teams. You should have:
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and gender equity and record of success working with communities of color, women, low-income people, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and other historically marginalized communities
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to build strong relationships and trust across race, gender, class, and other identities
- Committed to advancing the vision and goals of Women Engaged
- Background in 501c3 work and the desire to work with progressive organizations
- Ability to work professionally and communicate effectively with staff at all levels of the organization as well as external contacts, constituents, and vendors
- Ability to work well under pressure, while maintaining a high level of detail orientation and meeting deadlines
- Be a self-starter, attentive to detail, a team player and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have experience with the VAN (Voter Activation Network), NationBuilder, or other civic engagement platforms
- At least two cycles of canvassing experience in political, nonprofit, labor, or community organization, either paid or unpaid
- Experience working in coalition with partners, or experience working in diverse communities, particularly in communities of color
- Experience conducting, collecting and handling voter registrations online or in-person
- Flexible and can easily pivot goals when necessary
- Experience drafting or editing field plans
- Sound judgment and critical thinking skills
- Must be personable and have an ability to connect with people with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skill levels
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional, conscious and courteous manner
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and managing paid and volunteer teams to meet specific goals
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively
- Familiarity with Atlanta metro counties
This position is full-time and based in the metro-Atlanta area.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $65,000. Women Engaged offers a generous benefits package.
Women Engaged is an equal opportunity employer. We especially encourage people of color, LGBTQ people, transgender and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities to apply.
Join our Team
We love working with people who are:
- Loyal – Are you able to stick with Black women, girls, and femmes until they get to where they want to be in life?
- Helpful – Are you willing to provide help that solves problems and empowers?
- Resourceful – Are you able to think logistically and skillfully take on new situations?
Everyone at Women Engaged has a good time bringing rigor, thoughtfulness, generosity, and joy to their work.
- Reading – We think deeply and attempt to understand the issues that affect black women, their families and communities and what it takes for them to thrive.
- Pursuing Excellence – We don’t give up or take shortcuts that will compromise the quality of our work.
- Engaging – We eagerly engage in dialogue through social media and/or conversations in order to build relationships with stakeholders, allies, community members, and public leaders on the issues deemed important to Black women, girls, and femmes, from Black women, girls, and femmes.
NRG Consulting Group is leading the search for Women Engaged’s Campaign Organizer. For more information or to schedule an informational interview, please contact Naomi Roth-Gaudette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: $55000 – 65000 per year
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job date: Sun, 04 Apr 2021 01:35:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!